Meta-Research Short Course (3 day course)
Date: 17/09/2018 to 19/09/2018 Venue: South Kensington Campus, Imperial College London, Exhibition Road, London, SW7 2AZ
Course Directors: Dr Ioanna Tzoulaki, Dr Evangelos Evangelou & Dr Evropi Theodoratou
The purpose of this course is for students to understand the principles of meta-research and to develop skills in relation to research synthesis, meta-analysis and assessment of bias in biomedical research.
The course faculty comprises members of world-class reputation from Imperial College London, University of Edinburgh and leading institutions worldwide. There will be ample opportunity throughout the course to interact with the faculty, discuss your current research projects and receive feedback.
The course will consist of lectures introducing the theoretical concepts which are subsequently illustrated by a keynote lecture and a practical session.
For any questions please email Dr Ioanna Tzoulaki at email@example.com.
This short course will be of interest to academics (students, and researchers), and scientists from the industry (pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, food industries etc.) who are interested in applying state-of-the-art meta-research skills.
- To understand the principles of meta-research
- To conduct and interpret research syntheses applied to different biomedical research domains
- To understand and apply methodologies to identify and quantify biases in biomedical research
- To critically appraise the published literature and the reporting of results, and to be able to identify best practices
- To understand what is and what determines reproducibility in biomedical research.
For your information please find attached the course flyer.
Early Bird Registration Fee's (paid BEFORE 31st May 2018)
- Student Rate: £500 (with a valid matriculation card)
- Academic Rate: £600
- Non-academic Rate: £900.
Standard Registration Fee's (paid AFTER 31st May 2018
- Student Rate: £650 (with a valid matriculation card)
- Academic Rate: £750
- Non-academic Rate: £1100.
For more information including the course programme and to book a place, please visit the Meta-research short course website.
Follow the event on twitter using #metaresearch18.