The Chief Scientist Office (CSO) of Scottish Government, NHS Research Scotland (NRS) and Health Board R&D Offices are working closely, and in collaboration with equivalents across the UK nations, to enable and deliver research into COVID-19.
Urgent public health research into COVID-19 continues. However, as we enter a new phase of the current pandemic, where the number of new cases of COVID-19 is declining, the time is right to work towards the restoration of a diverse portfolio of health and social care research across Scotland.
The Chief Scientist Office will monitor restart across Scotland.
Media enquiries specific to research can be directed to Fiona Fleming, Communications Manager:
General Coronavirus (COVID-19) enquiries should be directed to Scottish Government on 0131 244 0222.
NHS 24 is the primary source of public health information in Scotland - www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus.
Re-starting non-COVID-related clinical research
Prioritisation of COVID-19 research
COVID-19 vaccine studies
Guidance for researchers, sponsors and sites
Other Key Areas
- Fast-track research
- Information for the public on COVID-19 research
- CSO approach to grant funded projects affected by COVID-19
- Prioritising funding and support for COVID-19 research across the UK
- Scottish Government COVID-19 Advisory Group
- COVID-19: safe handling and processing for samples in laboratories
- Chief Scientist Office (CSO)
- Health Research Authority (HRA)
- National Institute for Health Research (NIHR)
- Research projects for educational purposes
- Research ethics resilience
- Recruiting patients for clinical trials