Get involved in Research
New medical treatments and therapies are being developed through research all the time, bringing hope to people living with illness. Health research provides the evidence that something works, or equally so can show something is not as effective. Using research we can:
- identify people at risk of getting ill and help to prevent illness
- provide the best advice and treatments for people
- share knowledge and understanding about different conditions
- focus NHS resources where they will be most effective
- improve the health and wellbeing of our population.
Researchers making these breakthroughs need help from people taking part in clinical research studies.
Members of the public are also getting involved in helping to shape research activity and collaboration with a range of medical research charities is strengthening the delivery of high-quality research in Scotland and across the UK.