- Improving consistency for cross-border research within the UK
- Partnership with Industry
- Study Pathway
Commercial Clinical Operations Group (cCOG)
The Commercial Clinical Operations Group (CCOG) was formed to represent commercial sponsors and industry partners of clinical trials and ensure the UK remains competitive and a key player in the global clinical trials environment.
- We exist to: Develop common understanding and support for streamlining clinical trial conduct in the UK, promote knowledge sharing and identify best practices
- We work to: Support UK initiatives through delivering on our cCOG objectives
- In a way that: Promotes active patient and investigator participation in delivering quality research in the UK.
To promote and facilitate commercial clinical research in the UK in partnership with NHS organisations to ensure highly competitive performance within the global arena by delivering to time and quality.
cCOG holds quarterly face to face meetings at the ABPI Offices, London. These may be supplemented by ad hoc team/sub-team teleconferences should the need arise.
Members are required to attend a minimum of 3 meetings annually in order to retain membership and absences should be covered by an appropriate delegate from their organisation.
Meeting minutes, including presentations from guest speakers (with their permission), will be distributed to all Member Companies.
cCOG will make available the cCOG Charter, list of Member Companies, a summary of the current year’s Objectives, listing of future Meeting Dates and details of meeting topics and presenter (by permission) after each meeting through postings on the cCOG area of the NHS Research Scotland (NRS) and Health & Care Research Wales website(s). cCOG information and updates can be found at the following links:
Members are encouraged to use the cCOG meeting minutes to provide cCOG updates with colleagues and when representing cCOG at other forums/meetings (see below).
Members represent cCOG through attendance at; R&D Forum, CREN, Road Map Group and Costing Group meetings.
It is noted that cCOG abides by UK Competition Laws.
A list of member companies can be downloaded here.
Role and responsibilities
Rotating Chair: will be assigned at each meeting to host the following meeting, in liaison with our ABPI host.
- The Chair is responsible for formulating the agenda, liaising with members to present news and updates and/or guest speakers covering topics identified by the members.
- The Chair will distribute the agenda a minimum of 1 week in advance of the meeting and support the logistics with our ABPI host.
- The Chair will collate speakers’ presentations in advance and host the meeting.
Rotating Minute Taker: assigned at each meeting to prepare for and take minutes during the meeting, using the cCOG meeting Minutes PowerPoint template, which will be distributed to members within 15 working days of the meeting.
Members: if unavailable to attend in person, members will ensure the ABPI host/rotating Chair are informed in advance, providing details of their delegate. Members unable to attend at least 3 annual meetings should identify a replacement from their Company or their Company will be withdrawn from membership of cCOG.
All members are required to actively support the cCOG meeting and objectives.
Non-sponsor members: Include representatives from ABPI, NIHR, NRS, Health & Care Research Wales and HRA representatives, who provide news and updates relevant to their organisation.
cCOG members have agreed that for 2018, objectives will not be set – instead, meetings will become more interactive and focus on opportunities to discuss hot topics, shared experiences and best practices.
|NRS||Health and Care Research Wales|
- cCOG Industry Posting Wednesday 5 June, 2019
- cCOG Industry Posting Wednesday 6 March, 2019
- cCOG Industry Posting Wednesday 12 December, 2018
- cCOG Industry Posting Wednesday 26 September, 2018.
- Guidance on performing successful Site Initiation Visits (flyers)
- cCOG Guidance on performing successful Site Initiation Visits (slides).
The next meeting will take place on: Thursday 5 September 2019.
If you would like to find out more about cCOG or wish to enquire about membership - please feel free to contact us at CommercialCOG@outlook.com.