Vacancy: Network Manager, Primary Care
16th May 2018
We are inviting expressions of interest for the role of Network Manager for the NRS Primary Care Network.
Closing date: 14 June 2018
Grade: Grade 8 (£39,992 - £47,722)
The NRS Primary Care Network aims to improve the quality and quantity of primary care research conducted across Scotland. The network is centrally coordinated from the University of Dundee and operates from five regional nodes with staff based in Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness. The post holder will lead, manage and develop the NRS primary Care Network, its staff and its budget and ensure that national targets including recruitment of patients and professionals to studies are achieved.
This is a high profile leadership role with Scottish and UK-wide responsibilities. The post holder will develop and maintain effective working links between CSO, NHS Research Scotland and senior academics in Scottish Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) undertaking primary care research, including the four academic primary care departments in Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh and Glasgow. They will also develop and maintain links with managers in the English, Northern Ireland and Welsh Primary Care Research Networks and with leaders of other parts of the NIHR Clinical Research Network. The manager will share responsibility with the clinical lead in representing the Primary Care Network in international fora.
Your priorities will include:
- Developing, implementing and reviewing the Network research strategy
- Collaborating with senior academics in UK HEIs, industry research funders and Scottish NRS Topic-Specific Research Networks in order to increase both the numbers of studies and participants in studies within primary care research in Scotland
- Ensuring that the Network is both financially sustainable and can operate within the current and future research climate (e.g. research and clinical workforce capacity, funding streams, laws and codes of practice relating to research)
- Providing leadership and foster team working amongst a geographically dispersed group of people and design service level agreements and contracts which govern this work.
Who we’re looking for:
- Good first degree in health or business/management related field
- High-level experience in clinical or health services related management
- High-level research project management.
For further information about this position please contact Prof Bruce Guthrie, the Scottish Primary Care Research Champion and Network Clinical Lead at B.Guthrie@dundee.ac.uk. To find out more about the NRS Primary Care Network please visit www.nrs.org.uk/primarycare.