- Critical care
- Infectious Diseases
- Mental Health
- Metabolic and Endocrine
- Musculoskeletal Health
- Neuroprogressive and Dementia Disease
- Oral and Dental
- Primary Care
- Regenerative Medicine
- Reproductive Health and Childbirth
Neuroprogressive and Dementia Disease
The Neuroprogressive and Dementia Network is funded by the Chief Scientist Office to promote a culture of clinical research in dementia across Scotland and improve recruitment to high-quality studies from both urban and rural areas.
The Network has grown from four centres in Grampian, Greater Glasgow & Clyde, Lothian and Tayside to now cover the whole of mainland Scotland. In addition to improving the quality and quantity of dementia research in Scotland, the network aims to:
- Build on world class studies
- Promote innovative practice
- Increase research activity within the NHS and promote high quality, multidisciplinary and multi-centre trials
- Increase the number of people with Neuroprogressive diseases or dementia and their carers in clinical studies
- Deliver research in urban and rural areas
- Support clinical research and researchers
- Improve links within UK and Europe
Our research strategy is overseen by our Advisory Board which includes external academic advisers, a carer, and a representative from Alzheimer Scotland. In general, we encourage research that aligns with the agenda set by SIGN 86 and the Scottish Dementia Strategy.
Please contact us by email on Tay-UHB.SDCRNteam@nhs.net
You can also have the latest news on dementia & neurodegenerative research in Scotland by following us on Twitter @NRS_NDN.
You can also find us on Facebook.
The Neuroprogressive & Dementia Network has offices around Scotland with the main headquarters in Dundee.
Corridor M, Level 5, Ninewells Hospital & Medical School, Dundee, DD1 9SY.
We have regional offices at:
Old Age Psychiatry Directorate, Royal Cornhill Hospital, Aberdeen, AB25 2ZH
Lower Ground Floor, Out Patient Department, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU
Room 16, 4th Floor, Walton Annexe, 84 Castle Street, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, G4 0SF
Centre for Health Science, Old Perth Road, Inverness, IV2 3JH
West Port Resource Centre, Hawick Community Hospital, Hawick, TD9 7AH