- Critical care
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Infectious Diseases
- Injuries and Emergencies
- Mental Health
- Metabolic and Endocrine
- Musculoskeletal Health
- Neuroprogressive and Dementia
- Oral and Dental
- Primary Care
- Regenerative Medicine
- Reproductive Health and Childbirth
NRS Pain / SPARC 9th Annual Scientific Meeting
Abstracts for Research Presentations and Posters - to note, abstracts included are those who have agreed for their work to be published.
- Airing Pain 115: Neuropathic Pain 1 of 2: Targeted Pain Managment Programmes: Understanding the differences between neuropathic and non-neuropathic pain, and the varied responses they demand. In this edition of Airing Pain, Paul Evans investigates the ideas behind Pain Management Programmes, and highlights the importance of the patient in shaping their own treatment.
- Prof Lesley Colvin, NRS Pain Clinical Lead, appeared on BBC Radio Scotland's Brainwaves series to discuss the human bodies pain threshold, why thresholds vary, and why we cope better with pain in certain situations - listen to the episode.
- SHARE is a new NHS Scotland initiative created to establish a register of people interested in participating in health research and who agree to allow SHARE to use the coded data in their various NHS computer records to check whether they might be suitable for health research studies. This access can be incredibly useful when it comes to developing new treatments and cures for a wide variety of health conditions. When you join, you might be invited to take part in a health research study in the future but it would be up to you at the time to decide if you wanted to participate. It only takes a minute to join the SHARE register, but together we can make a real difference to Scotland's future health. Sign up to SHARE
- Pain Association Scotland is a national charity that delivers professionally led pain management in the community.
- Pain Concern is a charity working to support and inform people with pain and those who care for them, whether family, friends or healthcare professionals.
International research information
- International Association for the Study of Pain - IASP
- European Pain Federation - EFIC
- Pain Research Forum – USA
- PAIN-OUT Acute Pain Research Network in Europe
- Arthritis Research UK
- Bath Centre for Pain Research
- Pain Research Institute – Liverpool
- King's College London
- Leeds University
- Oxford Pain Research
- University College London
- Wellcome Trust London Pain Consortium
- German Neuropathic Pain Research Network
- Karolinska Institute
- Body in Mind – Adelaide
- Pain Management Research Institute - Sydney
- McGill University Pain Research Centre Montreal
- International Research Consortium for CRPS
- The Centre for Paediatric Pain Research - California
- Pain Research Unit at Sydney Children's Hospital
- University of Galway
- Waitemata - New Zealand
- Neuropharmacology & Pain Research Group - Barcelona.
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- North British Pain Association
- The British Pain Society
- The Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Faculty of Pain Medicine.