- NRS Introduction to Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- NRS Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Update
- CTIMP Workshop
- Good Research Practice (Non-drug Trials)
- Early Phase Clinical Trial
- Informed Consent - Adults: Ethical, legal and practical aspects in clinical research
- Introduction to Medical Statistics (Part 1)
- Medical Statistics (Part 2) - Correlation and Regression
- Medical Statistics (Part 3) – Hypothesis Testing
- Medical Statistics (Part 4) - Power and Sample
- Laboratory Skills Workshop
The Education team works closely with our partners in the NHS, Higher Education Institutes and Research & Development departments to provide a service that is tailored to meet the needs of researchers and associated staff.
We collaborate with education staff in CRF's across the UK and with colleagues at the NIHR to ensure a cohesive and standardised programme of educational opportunities are available to researchers.
If you have any questions regarding the education programme or a course you have booked, please contact GG-UHB.GlasgowCRFeducation@nhs.net or 0141 201 9324.
Introduction to Medical Statistics (Part 1)
This course assumes no prior statistical knowledge and covers the basic concepts necessary to understand the other courses which follow from this.
The course will cover the following topics:
- The importance of statistics in medical research, inc. ethics
- Types of data – quantitative or qualitative?
- Graphical summaries of data – inc. bar charts, boxplots, scatterplots, histograms
- Numerical summaries of data – for symmetric and skewed distributions
- The Normal distribution
- Outliers in data sets and tests for outliers.
Each concept will be illustrated using real medical research examples and ethical considerations and limitations will be discussed throughout. The course will provide an introduction to Minitab (version 16) and participants will be able to reproduce graphics and summary statistics from the lectures using the software package.
University £49 Commercial Organisation £110
Name NHS GREATER GLASGOW AND CLYDE Building CALEDONIA HOUSE Street CARDONALD BUSINESS PARK City GLASGOW Postcode G51 4ED Subject ENDOWMENT FUND CG0337 EDUCATION AND TRAINING Detail Please provide details of the training course, date and name of attendee on the purchase order and email copy to GG-UHBGlasgowCRFeducation@nhs.net.
Pay by Cheque: please make out a cheque, payable to NHS GG&C Endowment Fund CG0337 and bring it with you on the day.
Pay by Credit or Debit Card: can be arranged. (Please note your details will be stored in our database but not passed on to any other parties).
If you have any queries in respect of your course fee, please telephone 0141 201 9324. Thank you.
23/05/2019 Half-day (09:30-12:30) LT907, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Level 9, Livingstone Tower, 26 Richmond Street, Glasgow, G1 1XH Book Course