- NRS Introduction to Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- NRS Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Update
- CTIMP Workshop
- Early Phase Clinical Trial
- Good Research Practice (Non-drug Trials)
- How to write the PPI section of a grant form
- Informed Consent - Adults: Ethical, legal and practical aspects in clinical research
- Introduction to Critical Appraisal
- Introduction to Medical Statistics (Part 1)
- Medical Statistics (Part 2) - Correlation and Regression
- Medical Statistics (Part 3) – Hypothesis Testing
- Medical Statistics (Part 4) - Power and Sample
- Laboratory Skills Workshop
- Literature Searching for Clinical Researchers
- Paediatric Consent - The Practicalities and Legalities in taking consent for Paediatric Trials
- Preparing Poster & Presentations
- Research, GDPR & Confidentiality - What you need to know
The Education team works closely with our partners in the NHS, Higher Education Institutes and Research & Development departments to provide a service that is tailored to meet the needs of researchers and associated staff.
We collaborate with education staff in CRF's across the UK and with colleagues at the NIHR to ensure a cohesive and standardised programme of educational opportunities are available to researchers.
If you have any questions regarding the education programme or a course you have booked, please contact GG-UHB.GlasgowCRFeducation@nhs.net or 0141 232 7600.
Due to the rapidly changing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation all events and training are cancelled until further notice. We appreciate your understanding at this time.
Any queries please contact the Education Team:
- 0141 232 7600
This is in line with NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde guidance.
Introduction to Critical Appraisal
This three-hour interactive workshop will consist of an introduction to the principles of evidence-based practice and the process of critically evaluating a journal article, followed by practical experience in critically appraising a randomised controlled trial and systematic review.
The course will cover the following objectives:
- Understand the principles of evidence-based practice and the place of critically appraising the literature as one of its three pillars (professional experience, best available evidence, patient values and preferences)
- Recognise different research methodologies and know the relevant questions to ask of them in order to assess validity, importance and applicability
- Be aware of the tools and checklists available to assist you in reading critically
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of a study.
Note: This course is not being taught by a statistician and will not discuss the interpretation of statistics in detail.
Commercial organisation £110 University £49
Name NHS GREATER GLASGOW AND CLYDE Building CALEDONIA HOUSE Street CARDONALD BUSINESS CENTRE City GLASGOW Postcode G51 4ED Subject ENDOWMENT FUND CG0337 EDUCATION AND TRAINING Detail Please provide details of the training course, date and name of attendee on the purchase order and email copy to GG-UHBGlasgowCRFeducation@nhs.net.
Please check back for new dates and locations being announced