The Write Stuff: A Short Scientific Writing Course (Part 1)04/09/2018 13:30
This short course consists of three half days spread over three weeks. We will develop and try out different strategies to help us write and we will look in detail at some of the specific writing tasks that we face in science. In particular, we will spend time on developing a strategy for writing a scientific paper. Because the course is over three weeks, each participant will be invited after each session to prepare some short pieces of writing that will be individually critiqued by the course presenter. The course will be limited to 15 participants to ensure that there is maximum interaction and personalized tuition.
After this course each participant will:
- Understand the importance of being able to write well in science
- Appreciate the common difficulties faced by writers and how to overcome them
- Understand what is meant by freewriting
- Develop a personal strategy for writing
- Know how to edit and revise your texts
- Know how to avoid the commonest grammatical errors in English
- Understand the need to develop a professional, scientific style.
There are no fees for NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde/NHS West Node employees
- Half-day (13:30-16:30)
- £49 University. £110 Commercial Organisation.
Invoice: We can raise an invoice for payment, but only in receipt of a purchase order number from your finance department. Purchase orders should be marked for the attention of:-
- NHS GREATER GLASGOW AND CLYDE
- CALEDONIA HOUSE
- CARDONALD BUSINESS PARK
- G51 4ED
- ENDOWMENT FUND CG0337 EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Please provide details of the training course, date and name of attendee on the purchase order and email copy to GG-UHBGlasgowCRFeducation@nhs.net.