Poster Paints: How to Design a Conference Poster04/10/2018 09:30
In academia we are often called upon to present our research work in the form of a poster at a conference. The design and layout of these posters is important if we are to show our work in the best possible light. Many posters are, however, poorly thought out and badly designed. This workshop, using a series of short presentations and practical sessions will examine in detail the features of good poster design, will look at the relative importance of pictures versus words, and will equip the participants to play an active role in the design of their future conference posters.
After the workshop each participant will:
- understand the purpose of the conference poster
- be familiar with the basic rules for poster design
- understand the importance of words, pictures and flow
- know how to critically assess a conference poster
- have a working strategy for designing a winning paper.
There are no fees for NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde/NHS West Node employees
- Half-day (09:30-12:30)
- £99 University. £110 Commercial Organisation.
Invoice: We can raise an invoice for payment, but only in receipt of a purchase order number from your finance department. Purchase orders should be marked for the attention of:-
- NHS GREATER GLASGOW AND CLYDE
- CALEDONIA HOUSE
- CARDONALD BUSINESS PARK
- G51 4ED
- ENDOWMENT FUND CG0337 EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Please provide details of the training course, date and name of attendee on the purchase order and email copy to GG-UHBGlasgowCRFeducation@nhs.net.