Lecturing with Ease: Guide to Giving Effective Presentations06/02/2018 13:30
Whatever your professional role and whatever stage you are at, being able to give a clear, effective and informative presentation is an important skill. This course, which mixes short interactive lectures, videos and discussion, teaches you the basic rules of giving presentations. This course is relevant for individuals from any discipline who have no previous lecturing experience, and for those who wish to improve their skills.
After the workshop each participant will:
- understand the importance of preparation - avoiding distant elephants
- know how to design a presentation - beginnings, middles and end
- be aware of the effective use of Powerpoint - less is more
- know how to deal with questions - side-stepping banana skins
- be able to apply to seven Es to lecture with ease
There are no fees for NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde/NHS West Node employees
- Half-day (13:30-16:30)
- £49 University. £110 Commercxial Organisation.
Invoice: We can raise an invoice for payment, but only in receipt of a purchase order number from your finance department. Purchase orders should be marked for the attention of:-
- NHS GREATER GLASGOW AND CLYDE
- CALEDONIA HOUSE
- CARDONALD BUSINESS PARK
- G51 4ED
- ENDOWMENT FUND CG0337 EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Please provide details of the training course, date and name of attendee on the purchase order and email copy to GG-UHBGlasgowCRFeducation@nhs.net.