Data Management for Researchers12/03/2018 09:30
The collection, processing and analysis of data are at the heart of all research. For our research to be meaningful we must ensure that the data we collect are complete and accurate, recorded carefully and processed appropriately before they can be analysed.
In this workshop, delegates will be taken through the general principles of data management as they apply to research and will, through a series of examples, show how to put these principles into practice. Importantly, please note that this workshop will not cover any aspect of statistical analysis of research data and it will focus primarily on the collection and processing of quantitative data.
After this workshop, attendees should:
- be aware of different data capture tools in research
- understand how to design and construct an appropriate database
- know how to process data and produce a final data set
- understand the principles of Good Research Practice including the need for good documentation
- be aware of the main forms of research misconduct including fabrication and falsification of data, plagiarism, and improper attribution.
There are no fees for NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde/NHS West Node employees
- Half-day (09:30-16:30)
- £49 University. £110 Commercial Organisation.
Invoice: We can raise an invoice for payment, but only in receipt of a purchase order number from your finance department. Purchase orders should be marked for the attention of:-
- NHS GREATER GLASGOW AND CLYDE
- CALEDONIA HOUSE
- CARDONALD BUSINESS PARK
- G51 4ED
- ENDOWMENT FUND CG0337 EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Please provide details of the training course, date and name of attendee on the purchase order and email copy to GG-UHBGlasgowCRFeducation@nhs.net.