R&D Permission in Scotland
The R&D permissions process in Scotland is simple but can vary depending on whether:
- the study is single or multicentre
- the project is Scotland only or UK wide
- where the lead R&D office is based
- project is commercial or non commercial
In collaboration with colleagues across the UK a UK-wide Local Information Pack is being developed that will be incorporated into IRAS and will replace the current Site Specific Information (SSI) Form. More details will be available in due course.
- Guidance for Researchers - A new UK amendment process was implemented across the 4 UK nations on 14 November 2014. This document provides a summary of the new process. A key change is that researchers now need to send multicentre study amendments to the Lead Nation Coordinating Function ONLY - for Scotland, this is the NRS Permissions CC.
- Scotland Hosted Multicentre Research
- Scotland led Multicentre Research
- Patient Identification Centres
- Project specific CDA for Scottish Health Boards
- Draft Umbrella CDA for Health Boards
- For multi centre studies contact nhsg.NRSPCC@nhs.net
- For single centre studies contact the local R&D office