- Improving consistency for cross-border research within the UK
- Partnership with Industry
- Study Pathway
Industry Partnership Forum
The Industry Partnership Forum (IPF) is a forum for the Chief Scientist office of the Scottish Government, NHS Research Scotland, the pharmaceutical industry and patients’ representatives to increase, through partnership working and promotion of the NRS commercial offering, the volume, quality and timely delivery of clinical research studies and trials in Scotland.
The group achieves the following:
- Strategic support for key groups (UKCRC, LSS-ILG, PSEG)
- Defines/refines NRS Commercial Strategy
- Shop window for NRS/industry liaison
- Promotes Scotland’s unique selling point in clinical research
- Develops research capacity within the NHS
- Driving force for innovation in pharma within the research landscape
To work in partnership with industry to promote and develop the commercial clinical research landscape in Scotland, and ensure Scotland’s place as a world-class destination for clinical research.
Promote research and its place within NHSScotland:
- Benchmarking in line with NRS commercial objectives
- Quantify value of research to NHSScotland and economic benefits to Scotland plc
- Develop promotional material to match NRS commercial strategy
- Promote value of Scotland as the come to place for health science
Support development of new capacity to ensure NRS is fit for the future:
- Capitalise on NHSScotland informatics
- Promote SHARE and effective, safe, use of patient data
- Develop best practice case studies
Contribute to, and support, strategy development being led by the Pharmaceutical Strategic Engagement Group:
- Support exemplary proposals on data capability and real-time HTA
- Resolve operational challenges
The IPF meets three times per year at St Andrews House in Edinburgh. These meetings may be supplemented by ad hoc Short-Life Working Group meetings as required.
The NRS website will host information relating to the IPF and an agreed meeting summary will be posted on the web page.
2017 Meeting Dates
To be announced.
Roles and responsibilities
The Group will be chaired by the Deputy Director, CSO, with secretarial support provided by CSO. An industry co-chair will be nominated by the ABPI.
The group will include members from:
- NHS Research Scotland
- R&D Directors
- Central Management Team
- Industry Liaison Manager
- General Manager
- Other NHS Staff as appropriate
- Life science trade associations
- Biopharmaceutical companies
- Commercial Research Organisations
Other representatives as required:
- Scottish Enterprise / Scottish Development International
- SLWG – Informatics
- Development of case studies
- Objective updates from previous will be made available as soon as is possible
Summary of the previous meeting
The minutes of the previous meeting will be made available as soon as possible.
If you would like to find out more about the Industry Partnership forum or wish to enquire about membership please contact Steven Burke, NRS Industry Liaison Manager.