- ONLINE NRS Introduction to Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- ONLINE - NRS Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Update
- Laboratory Skills Workshop *NEW
- CTIMP Workshop
- Early Phase Clinical Trial
- Good Research Practice (Non-drug Trials)
- How to write the PPI section of a grant form
- Online Informed Consent - Adults: Ethical, legal and practical aspects in clinical research
- Introduction to Critical Appraisal
- Introduction to Medical Statistics (Part 1)
- Medical Statistics (Part 2) - Correlation and Regression
- Medical Statistics (Part 3) – Hypothesis Testing
- Medical Statistics (Part 4) - Power and Sample
- Paediatric Consent - The Practicalities and Legalities in taking consent for Paediatric Trials
- Preparing Poster & Presentations
- Research, GDPR & Confidentiality - What you need to know
The Education team works closely with our partners in the NHS, Higher Education Institutes and Research & Development departments to provide a service that is tailored to meet the needs of researchers and associated staff.
We collaborate with education staff in CRF's across the UK and with colleagues at the NIHR to ensure a cohesive and standardised programme of educational opportunities are available to researchers.
If you have any questions regarding the education programme or a course you have booked, please contact email@example.com or 0141 314 0206.
Due to the rapidly changing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we are currently only able to offer GCP update as online teaching. We appreciate your understanding at this time.
Any queries please contact the Education Team:
- 0141 314 0206
This is in line with NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde guidance.
Medical Statistics (Part 2) - Correlation and Regression
Attendees to this workshop must have attended Introduction to Medical Statistics – Part 1.
This course looks at the methods of assessment and modelling linear relationships between quantitative variables. It starts with an explanation of correlation, and the correct and incorrect use of correlation coefficients in medical research studies is illustrated using several examples. Least squares linear regression is then covered, including some of the mathematical concepts behind the model fitting. Assessment of the model goodness-of-fit and predictions will be explained by working through an example of a real research study. The theory covered here forms the basis for more complex statistical modelling procedures which will be referred to, but not taught explicitly.
Both correlation and regression modelling are simply implemented using Minitab and course participants will work through examples using data from the lecture.
University £49 Commercial £110
Name NHS GREATER GLASGOW AND CLYDE Building CALEDONIA HOUSE Street CARDONALD BUSINESS PARK City GLASGOW Postcode G51 4ED Subject ENDOWMENT FUND CG0337 EDUCATION AND TRAINING Detail Please provide details of the training course, date and name of attendee on the purchase order and email copy to GG-UHBGlasgowCRFeducation@nhs.net.
Pay by Cheque: please make out a cheque, payable to NHS GG&C Endowment Fund CG0337 and bring it with you on the day.
Pay by Credit or Debit Card: Please contact our treasury department on 0141 278 – 2796, explain you are paying a course fee and give your name and quote endowment code (CG0337).
(Please note your details will be stored in our database but not passed on to any other parties).
If you have any queries in respect of your course fee, please telephone 0141 314 0206. Thank you.
Please check back for new dates and locations being announced