- NRS Introduction to Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- ONLINE - NRS Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Update
- CTIMP Workshop
- Early Phase Clinical Trial
- Good Research Practice (Non-drug Trials)
- How to write the PPI section of a grant form
- Informed Consent - Adults: Ethical, legal and practical aspects in clinical research
- Introduction to Critical Appraisal
- Introduction to Medical Statistics (Part 1)
- Medical Statistics (Part 2) - Correlation and Regression
- Medical Statistics (Part 3) – Hypothesis Testing
- Medical Statistics (Part 4) - Power and Sample
- Laboratory Skills Workshop
- Literature Searching for Clinical Researchers
- Paediatric Consent - The Practicalities and Legalities in taking consent for Paediatric Trials
- Preparing Poster & Presentations
- Research, GDPR & Confidentiality - What you need to know
The Education team works closely with our partners in the NHS, Higher Education Institutes and Research & Development departments to provide a service that is tailored to meet the needs of researchers and associated staff.
We collaborate with education staff in CRF's across the UK and with colleagues at the NIHR to ensure a cohesive and standardised programme of educational opportunities are available to researchers.
If you have any questions regarding the education programme or a course you have booked, please contact email@example.com or 0141 232 7600.
Due to the rapidly changing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we are currently only able to offer GCP update as online teaching. We appreciate your understanding at this time.
Any queries please contact the Education Team:
- 0141 232 7600
This is in line with NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde guidance.
Medical Statistics (Part 3) – Hypothesis Testing
Attendees to this workshop must have attended Introduction to Medical Statistics – Part 1 and Medical Statistics (Correlation and Regression) – Part 2.
The ideas of using statistics to determine the probability of an event will be introduced and the application to formal statistical hypothesis tests will be explained. This will include a simple and clear explanation of the terminology and ideas behind the null and alternative hypotheses, p-values and confidence intervals, problems with randomisation, double-blind RCTs, Type I and Type II errors and the use of intention-to-treat and per-protocol analysis.
The approach to determining the correct statistical test to perform will be taught, and the appropriateness of parametric vs. non-parametric tests discussed.
Examples of the following tests will be given:
- T-tests and Mann-Whitney tests
- ANOVA and Kruskal-Wallis inc. posthoc comparisons and Bonferroni
- Chi-squared and Fisher’s Exact tests.
Participants will then have the opportunity to perform these statistical tests themselves using the statistical package Minitab.
University £49 Commercial organisation £110
Name NHS GREATER GLASGOW AND CLYDE Building CALEDONIA HOUSE Street CARDONALD BUSINESS PARK City GLASGOW Postcode G51 4ED Subject ENDOWMENT FUND CG0337 EDUCATION AND TRAINING Detail Please provide details of the training course, date and name of attendee on the purchase order and email copy to GG-UHBGlasgowCRFeducation@nhs.net.
Pay by Cheque: please make out a cheque, payable to NHS GG&C Endowment Fund CG0337 and bring it with you on the day.
Pay by Credit or Debit Card: Please contact our treasury department on 0141 278 – 2796, explain you are paying a course fee and give your name and quote endowment code (CG0337).
(Please note your details will be stored in our database but not passed on to any other parties).
If you have any queries in respect of your course fee, please telephone 0141 314 0206. Thank you.
Please check back for new dates and locations being announced