The Education team works closely with our partners in the NHS, Higher Education Institutes and Research & Development departments to provide a service that is tailored to meet the needs of researchers and associated staff.
We collaborate with education staff in CRF's across the UK and with colleagues at the NIHR to ensure a cohesive and standardised programme of educational opportunities are available to researchers.
If you have any questions regarding the education programme or a course you have booked, please contact email@example.com or 0141 232 7600.
Due to the rapidly changing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we are currently only able to offer GCP update as online teaching. We appreciate your understanding at this time.
Any queries please contact the Education Team:
- 0141 232 7600
This is in line with NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde guidance.
Literature Searching for Clinical Researchers
This course offers a 3 hour interactive session in carrying out a methodical and comprehensive literature search in the Medline database using the OVID search interface in order to identify relevant material to inform your research.
The course will cover the following objectives:
- Be aware of information sources (databases) and techniques used to identify relevant literature
- Recognise the importance of formulating an answerable question and planning your search in advance
- Identify the relevant search terms for each area of your search
- Construct a comprehensive search strategy using a combination of database-specific controlled vocabulary (Subject Headings), free text search strings and Boolean logic (AND/OR/NOT)
- Use database specific limits and search filters to refine your search and identify the most relevant literature.
The session will comprise a taught session using an example search question followed by the opportunity for participants to work on their own search strategy with assistance from the course leaders. Participants are encouraged to bring their own laptops/tablets for the practical session.
Commercial organisation £110 University £49
Name NHS GREATER GLASGOW AND CLYDE Building CALEDONIA HOUSE Street CARDONALD BUSINESS CENTRE City GLASGOW Postcode G51 4ED Subject ENDOWMENT FUND CG0337 EDUCATION AND TRAINING Detail Please provide details of the training course, date and name of attendee on the purchase order and email copy to GG-UHBGlasgowCRFeducation@nhs.net.
Please check back for new dates and locations being announced