Mental Health Network accepting applications for regional Clinical Leads
27th September 2022
NHS Research Scotland's (NRS) Mental Health Network are inviting expressions of interest for the role of North and South Node Regional Mental Health Leads
Led by Research Champion Dr Donald MacIntyre, NRS Mental Health is funded by the Chief Scientist Office (CSO) of the Scottish Government, and is supported by a Scotland-wide Management Group to facilitate and increase mental health research across the country.
The Network are looking for a Psychiatrist/ Clinical Psychologist/ Mental Health Nurse or Mental Health-related Academic with experience of research who can join their management group as Regional Lead for the North (NHS Grampian and NHS Highland) or South (NHS Lothian and NHS Borders) Nodes, and support the broader work of the Network.
The role of the Regional Lead is to:
- help to ensure that resource to support mental health research is used appropriately and effectively
- help to ensure that local NRS Mental Health Network research staff receive the appropriate clinical supervision.
- support the academic and commercial portfolio of studies within the Node
- act as champion for the NRS Mental Health Network
- attend monthly Management Group meetings to contribute to NRS Mental Health Network strategy and provide advice on clinical and operational issues
- provide advice to researchers seeking support from the NRS Mental Health Network Management Group
The Regional Lead will receive a small honorarium of £3000 per year and reimbursement of travel/subsistence associated with Network activities.
If you would like to express an interest in one of these positions, please email Catherine Deith (Catherine.Deith@ed.ac.uk) with a CV and brief outline of why you would like to be considered for the position.
Please express your interest by Monday 31 October 2022.