Pharmacist members wanted for NHS Research Ethics Committee
19th February 2021
Pharmacists are invited to join East of Scotland Research Ethics Service (EoSRES)
The Research Ethics Service in Scotland is part of a UK-wide national service aimed at facilitating research, whilst simultaneously protecting the rights, safety, dignity and well-being of people participating in research in the NHS.
There are two Research Ethics Committees (RECs) for the East of Scotland which each meet once a month:
- REC 1, every 3rd Friday at Ninewells Hospital at 12.30pm
- REC 2, every 1st Tuesday at Stratheden Hospital at 2.00pm
Pharmacist members are wanted to review and issue ethical approval for a wide range of healthcare research study applications, including Clinical Trials of Investigational Medicinal Products (CTIMPs), from across the United Kingdom.
Members will be part of:
- a recognised, Health Research Authority (HRA) accredited UK-wide NHS Research Ethics Community
- an interactive, dynamic and supportive group of expert and lay members
With access to:
- Health Research Authority and other expert-led training in a wide range of medical, healthcare and scientific subjects with costs and travel supported
- opportunities for promotion to leadership/officer positions within Committees
- free attendance at all Scotland Research Ethics Annual Symposiums and CPD points
Applications consist of:
- a short form
- interview with a REC Chair and head of service
All applicants must discuss undertaking REC work with their line manager prior to appointment.
Those interested in applying should contact email@example.com for an application form and more information.