Call for Glasgow Clinical Lead (Psychiatry)
4th November 2016
We are inviting expressions of interest for the role of Glasgow Clinical Lead (Psychiatry) for the Scottish Mental Health Research Network (SMHRN).
The SMHRN is part of NHS Research Scotland and is funded by the Chief Scientist Office. The aim of the SMHRN is to facilitate mental health research across Scotland.
The SMHRN is led by a Research Champion (Prof Stephen Lawrie) and supported by a Scotland-wide Management Group. We are looking for a Psychiatrist who can join this Group as Clinical Lead for that Glasgow, and support the broader work of the Network.
The role of the Clinical Lead is to:
- Help to ensure that resource to support mental health research in the health board is used appropriately and effectively.
- Help to ensure that local SMHRN research staff receive the appropriate clinical supervision.
- Support the academic and commercial portfolio of studies in the board.
- Act as champion for the SMHRN within the board.
- Attend monthly Management Group meetings to contribute to SMHRN strategy and provide advice on clinical and operational issues.
- Provide advice to researchers seeking support from the SMHRN Management Group.
The Clinical Lead will receive a small honorarium of £3000 per year and reimbursement of travel/subsistence associated with Network activities.
If you would like to express an interest in being interviewed for this position, please email Dr Holly Redpath on email@example.com with a CV and a brief outline of why you would like to be considered for this position.