Vacancy: NRS Mental Health East Node Clinical Lead
26th March 2018
We are inviting expressions of interest for the role of East Node Clinical Lead (NHS Tayside, Fife & Forth Valley) for the NRS Mental Health Network.
The NRS Mental Health Network is part of NHS Research Scotland and is funded by the Chief Scientist Office. The aim of the network is to facilitate mental health research across Scotland.
The NRS Mental Health Network is led by a Research Champion (Prof Stephen Lawrie) and supported by a Scotland-wide Management Group. We are looking for a Psychiatrist/ Clinical Psychologist/ Psychiatric Nurse / Mental Health related Academic who can join this Group as Clinical Lead for the East Node, and support the broader work of the Network.
The role of the Clinical Lead is to:
- Help to ensure that resource to support mental health research in the health board is used appropriately and effectively
- Help to ensure that local NRS Mental Health Network research staff receive the appropriate clinical supervision
- Support the academic and commercial portfolio of studies in the board
- Act as champion for the NRS Mental Health Network within the board
- Attend monthly Management Group meetings to contribute to NRS Mental Health Network strategy and provide advice on clinical and operational issues
- Provide advice to researchers seeking support from the NRS Mental Health Network Management Group.
The Clinical Lead will receive a small honorarium of £3000 per year and reimbursement of travel/subsistence associated with Network activities.
If you would like to express an interest in being interviewed for this position, please email Catherine Deith on Catherine.Deith@ed.ac.uk with a CV and a brief outline of why you would like to be considered for this position.
Please express your interest by 30th April 2018.