Our role is to support the delivery of high quality clinical research in Ophthalmology and manage participant recruitment to time and target, both for Ophthalmology studies which are led from Scotland, and studies led from other nations which Scottish sites are participating in. We provide support in the following areas:
- Managing the study portfolio record
- Monitoring the attainment of recruitment targets
- Providing advice on study design and feasibility
- Troubleshooting issues with poor recruitment
- Identifying potential sites for studies
- Facilitating access to resource to support research, for example through Clinical Research Facility (CRF) Research Nurses.
The Scottish Ophthalmology portfolio is relatively small, so we are keen to support new investigators wishing to undertake Ophthalmology research in Scotland.
Fight for Sight Research Strategy 2017-2022 & New Funding Opportunities
The eye research charity Fight for Sight has released details of its new Research Strategy 2017-2022, designed to maximise the impact of research funding in their mission to stop sight loss.
Research Associate Fix Term Post 2019 - University of Strathclyde
The University of Strathclyde is looking for a Research Assistant to join the Department of Biomedical Engineering, under the supervision of Dr Mario Ettore Giardini. The project will proceed in close collaboration with Dr Iain Livingstone, of NHS Forth Valley, a leading player in the development of innovative methodologies for paediatric vision testing.