Improving compatibility for cross-border research within the UK
The four UK nations are committed to making it easier to carry out research in the UK.
The aim is to make the researcher experience of study set up the same across the UK. Working together, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales are developing compatible cross-border processes.
The Four Nations Policy Group has agreed areas of collaborative work to achieve this aim. To realise the following benefits, an operational group is coordinating the work.
Healthcare research sponsors and applicants will benefit from:
- Compatible UK-wide processes leading to consistent and expected outcomes
- Reduced cross-border confusion and differing types of application forms
- Electronic submission and sharing of documents to hosting organisations.
The work will involve the development of information technology, publication of updated guidance, and change management work across the UK: review progress
The programme is supported by:
- Health Research Authority, England
- Health and Social Care in Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
- NHS Research Scotland, Scotland
- Health and Care Research Wales, Wales.
If you have any queries about the programme, please contact the operational lead for your nation.
|Northern Ireland||Sally Doherty||Sally.Doherty@westerntrust.hscni.net|