- Critical care
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Infectious Diseases
- Mental Health
- Metabolic and Endocrine
- Musculoskeletal Health
- Neuroprogressive and Dementia
- Oral and Dental
- Primary Care
- Regenerative Medicine
- Reproductive Health and Childbirth
- Trauma and Emergencies
NRS Diabetes was commissioned in 2006 by the Chief Scientist Office (CSO) of the Scottish Government to improve the quality and increase the quantity of diabetes research in Scotland.
- Expand the NRS Diabetes infrastructure to support clinical studies for patient benefit in all MCN/Health Board areas in Scotland. Hospitals/GP Surgeries can register as a member of SDRN and take part in clinical studies, either by conducting the research themselves or by referring patients to larger secondary care sites. Registration is a straightforward process and sites who would like to become involved should contact email@example.com or 01382 383 241
- Foster and support researchers based in Scotland to collaborate in securing peer-reviewed funding to conduct investigator-led multicentre clinical studies
- Work with people with diabetes to enhance participation in high-quality clinical studies aimed at improving future treatment, well-being and prognosis. NRS Diabetes has developed a National Research Register for patients wishing to take part in diabetes research. The recording of permission to contact these patients directly about studies they may be interested in on SCI- Diabetes will make recruiting for research more focused and easier to conduct
- Deliver high quality unintrusive nationwide epidemiological research outputs based on collaborative analysis of fully anonymised linked datasets. Using securely anonymised data from SCI-Diabetes and other national databases, NRS Diabetes will be able to conduct national epidemiological research which may help with planning diabetes services and resources in the future.
NRS Diabetes main coordinating centre is based at Ninewells Hospital, Dundee.
Diabetes Support Unit
Dundee DD1 9SY
Tel. + 44 (0)1382 383241